it's 12.30... 12.30 am... like past midnight. and i'm up. I don't think I've been up this late for... well, a really long time!
so, why am I up, I know you are wondering... here are some reasons I have thought of
1. This week is STAR testing week at school. Thus, I go to school...hand out test booklets, and walk around/stand there for 4 hours while my students slave away on the wonderful standardized tests. I don't expend much energy there.
2. The past 2 days have been minimum days... so, not only do I not do anything all morning/early afternoon, but I get home early and then do...nothing!
3. We are hopefully almost in escrow with a house!!! So, this afternoon, I was busy with our realtor for 2-3 hours going through some stuff... but not too much physical activity.
4. I have (I mean HAD) no idea what I was going to teach to my CP classes starting next week, so my mind was racing with what I was going to cover and how I needed to get something together!
4b. When I get started on something, like planning a new unit or chapter, I just like to do IT ALL! I don't like to stop in the middle. thus, the last 2 hours I have been working on my probability chapter!
4c. IN the process of planning my new chapter, I explored the textbook we are adopting for next year and found all these amazing resources that were super cool and I just couldn't get enough of! lol
5. The end of the grading period is Friday and I've got to somehow get my unmotivated failing students to realize they shouldn't give up and they need to get in for tutoring!
5b. To go along with that, I have the dread of having to make about 20-30 phone calls tomorrow... I shouldn't say dread, because they aren't all that bad, it's just time-consuming.
6. It's incredibly hot in Orange County and if it's too hot, then I can't sleep!
7. I'm really anxious to find out the results of American Idol from tonight! (j/k, just thought I'd throw that one in there!)
Okay, I guess I'll try to go to bed now! Tomorrow is going to be a LONG DAY!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment