Sunday, December 16, 2007

update on life...

So life has been busy in the Kirch household lately! Basketball season is well underway, and my team is 2-3 right now... hopefully 3-3 by Tuesday, one of our last pre-season games besides our after-Christmas tournament. It's different coaching a JV girls team because I have to remember they are jv, not varsity, and not college! But I enjoy it...and Shawn helps on the weekends, so he loves it too!!

It is now Christmas break, I mean "winter break" (have to be PC in the public school system) for me, which I am so happy about! My team had to practice outside in the cold this past week due to a tournament, so I got pretty sick so I've been laying around all weekend taking medicine and filling the trash can with kleenexes! Not the best way to spend my first few days of break, but hopefully it is almost over.

It's been Christmas party season lately! We had our math department one on Thursday, I was supposed to go to a Kids Crew workers one on Friday (but i was sick), and we had Shawn's work one last night...and Christmas is in a little over a week!

I wish i had some pics to post...oh wait, i do!!!

Our little Christmas tree with our new ornaments from my Grandma Hall!



My old roommate Cherie and I over Thanksgiving




Two of my Sunday School girls playing dress-up one morning! So cute!



Our "last day before break" class activity:
You have ONE piece of computer paper
and TWELVE inches of masking tape...

build the biggest FREESTANDING (cannot be taped to desk, must stand on its own for 10 seconds) tower!

The winners- 44 inches high!


Second place...42 inches!

No comments: