I should be going to bed, but I feel like blogging... it's been a LONG week. As much as I like teaching the same class three times (I only have to prep for one subject and I get pretty darn good at teaching it by the third time around), it means that all three class take tests on the same day...the same test. So, needless to say, Tuesday was test day. And now, Thursday night, I just finished grading all 120 exams. Wow. And the kids are definitely still in summer mode because I had about 6-8 passing grades in every class. That is 6-8 A's, B's, C's, or D's... and way too many F's. So, we'll see how many of the kids actually try to re-take the test like they are given the opportunity to.
Anyways, it's one of the pitfalls of teaching to see lethargic, unmotivated students who don't even make an effort, especially when you try so hard to make things exciting and applicable to them.
So, anyways, progress reports are getting sent home this weekend for parents to sign. And who thinks they will actually get signed for the students who got a total "F" on the test and they are failing my class? So, I'm being smarter than the high schooler and sending home emails to the parents telling them to expect them!! haha we'll see if that works.
So, with the tests I've given means a lot of time grading. I was at school till 6.30 on Tuesday, 6 on Wednesday, and 8pm tonight. thankfully, shawn brought me chipotle and hung out with me for 1 1/2 hours while I was grading papers and organizing stuff. what a wonderful husband!
needless to say, i'm wiped out and really looking forward to the weekend.
it's too bad that weekends are just too short :(
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment