Today, the last day before Christmas (I mean "winter" break), I offered my students an extra credit test... pretty much a "practice final" where every question gave them extra credit in their test category. I made 50 copies of the Math Analysis one and 30 copies of the Algebra 1 one. I asked my students who was planning on coming, and got about 75-80 hands throughout my 4 classes. Honestly, I didn't expect them all to show up.
However, I get to my classroom from practice at 3pm. From the stories I heard, there was already a huge line curving around the building before then, and students claimed they sprinted across campus to try to get a spot in line. I added chairs and desks to my class to increase it from 42 seats to about 58 seats. It was CRAZY. I ran out of copies, and had about 10-15 kids throughout the time period sit on the floor or on their knees to take the test. I was actually very impressed. These kids really wanted to get their grades up! And all this on the last day before a 3 week vacation!
Here are a few pictures of my classroom... I wish I could have gotten the full panoramic view because the pictures don't do it justice... Needless to say it was awesome. I had between 5-10 kids stay the whole time from 3-6 working on the problems. Even some until 6.30 when I left.. Oh, yeah, it was a 100 question short answer cumulative test...wow!
Well, tomorrow we will have a "ridgecrest reunion" at claire and aaron's wedding... and I'll get to see my parents! woo hoo!!!
3 weeks off :)
No comments:
Post a Comment