But, being a math teacher, we faced a dilemma...
Should we order 3 small (10-inch) pizzas for $4 each, plus 7.75% tax?
or
Should we order 2 medium(12-inch) pizzas for $5.55 each, plus 7.75% tax?
Of course, I had to do all the math and calculate the area of the pizzas and then set up a proportion to figure it out... and the 2 medium pizzas were a better deal. But, then i looked at the coupon again and found out you had to order 3 medium pizzas, and we didn't want that much, so we went with the 4-4-4 deal.
so, now I have a real-life problem to give to my students in class tomorrow! I'm super excited! lol. but really, i'm going to give it to them for extra credit.
Here are some pictures of our adventure. I even took a picture of my ratios that I set up... what a math nerd!
p.s. notice the calculator on the table!!!!
in other news, we went out last night for the first time in a while to a place called Scott's Seafood. Shawn had bought a gift certificate for his parents 2 christmas's ago, only to find out it only worked at the Scott's down here, not up in Sac. So, they gave it back to us and we finally used it! What a wonderful meal, and one we would never go on our own (it was really expensive!).
Here's a pic of us being funny:)
(and one of my hubby!)
1 comment:
I order pizza online too, but it's never involved a calculator. You're a nerd!!!
Post a Comment