Today Shawn and I went to Knott's Berry Farm! We decided that we needed to do something out of the house, so we found some coupons at Albertson's and went up to Buena park for the day! Neither of us had been in a really long time, but we still had a good time, overall. I think we are a little swayed in our opinions of theme parks after having Disneyland passes for a year...I don't think any theme park compares!
Since it was November, it wasn't too packed at all. We didn't have to wait in line for very long, even though it was a Saturday! We enjoyed a few roller coasters...but I sure can't go on them as much as I could when I was a teenager! The last one we went on was a wooden coaster and it was HORRIBLE. We had whiplash and my back was cramping and we still have headaches- 3 hours later! I have been on wooden coasters before and they haven't been great, but I guess I just wasn't thinking about it. Every time I knew we were going for a drop I was cringing hoping that my body would survive! Not the best experience...
So, it was quite interesting...there were literally probably 30-40 teenagers throughout the day that were in pairs wearing identical shirts. We were trying to figure out what was going on and why they were matching, but didn't come to any good conclusions. There was one big group of probably 5-7 partners, but then up the line there was another set and then another... and then on our way out we ran into another 3 partners. It was so weird! WE decided next time we go, we are going to wear matching shirts just for the heck of it! lol!
On our way out we stopped by what we discovered to be Independence Hall, where they had set up a full-size accurate replica of the room where the first Continental Congress was held and where the Declaration of Independence was signed. They had an audio thing going in one room with all the voices of Ben Franklin, John Adams, etc. It was pretty cool, for about 10 minutes, but then we got bored.
Tomorrow (or rather, tonight) is time change and we are so super excited to get an extra hour of sleep!!! Our Saturday was fun but not too relaxing.
Here's a few pics from our wonderful day!
1 comment:
wow. i was thinking" i wish crystal posted more pictures..." and look! you posted pictures! love you :)
Post a Comment