yes, it's been a long time since we've posted. Almost 2 months to be exact. But, what can we say? It's been BUSY!
Today was graduation, and I (Crystal) got to be on security detail the whole time. It wasn't too bad, except for the 2 or 3 angry people who wouldn't keep moving or who wouldn't follow directions. Not too shabby. It was really neat to see so many of my seniors graduate. Last year I only knew a few, but this year I probably knew about 70 or 80, which was really neat.
What have the last two months been filled with? Well, spring league basketball with a whole new group of girls, weekly walks to the new yogurt shop in town (called "Yogurt Shop") and we love it, and really not much else! We have been looking forward to summer... well, Shawn will still be at work all day, but hopefully I will have a little more time to get things done!
Also, our church (Lake Hills Community Church lakehills.net) is partnering with ROCKHARBOR church, a huge church in costa mesa, for a summer project called South County Project. It is so neat... if you live in Orange County, check it out (lakehills.net, rockharbor.org, or southcountyproject.org). The three months of summer are filled with huge events for the communities, combined worship services, prayer nights, service days, forums on families and marriage, and so much more. It's really exciting! Our first event was a couple weekends ago. We put on this huge back to school bash with jumphouses, golf cart racing, games like dodgeball and water balloon launching, boat racing, and (free, somewhat) chick-fil-a. I say "somewhat" because it turned into this crazy thing where the restaurant was very slow in getting us what they promised us and so lots of people had to wait, only 500 people got tickets for the free sandwich, so some people didn't have tickets, and anyways it's not a big deal but I was behind the food table and it was oh so fun! Really, it was fun, but just a little crazy!
Well, Saturday we are going to California Adventure/Disneyland...we are planning on buying annual passes again! yay! should be fun!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment