Last night was our housewarming party. I finally know all my mom went through all those times we had a lot of people over--it's stressful! We planned to do a little bit thurs and a little bit friday, but it all got pushed off until saturday! Needless to say, from 10am-4pm on saturday we were cleaning, vacuuming, cooking, and oh wow it's tiring! Thankfully we had about an hour to rest/nap (rest for me, nap for shawn) before the party.
I decided to open up the soda's for some reason. I'm actually glad i did, because I guess the rootbeer got shaken a little too much on the ride home from the grocery store, so it started spraying EVERYWHERE all over the table of food and my new shirt i was wearing! ha! What an event it would have been if that would have happened to one of our guests!
It was very exciting once most people showed up, which wasn't until 8 (it was from 6-10, but we told people to just come and go)... but it was like a packed house and so much fun!!!!
When it was over, I asked shawn if he would want to do it again, and he immediately said yes. I was surprised! it was kinda a lot of work and we were both stressed, but who knows, maybe we will become expert hosts!
This morning we tried out a new church we found by searching on google for "lake forest churches". We get there and I realize that I have been there before--I ran part of a sports camp there 2 years ago with UW! It was a week they just needed an extra hand in OC for, so I stepped in there and at Shorelife, our church of the last two years. It was a gorgeous church wtih floor to ceiling glass windows overlooking trees and a lake. They are going through transitions with a new pastor of 6 months and a congregation of probably 80% senior citizens (at least from what we saw), but we might try it again next week... we'll see.
Anyways, off to eat the taquitos i forgot to serve at our party last night (mom i'm just like you, i knew i would leave something out!!) At least they were left in the freezer and not in the oven or microwave the whole night!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment